With Hurricane Harvey battering the Texas coast and Irma hitting the Florida coast, it’s a fair statement to say that seeing the devastation puts all in mind of nature’s brutal force. While Boulder, CO, doesn’t have to worry about being in a hurricane’s path, it doesn’t take a natural disaster to cause extensive water damage in your home. Heavy rainstorms, faulty plumbing, and broken appliances wreak havoc in homes more often than a natural disaster.
What to Do When Your Home is Faced with Water Damage
- Act quickly, and call ServiceMaster DSI at (720) 452-2842. The longer the water sits, the more extensive the water damage will be
- Call your insurance agent promptly
- If it’s safe to do so, stop the source of water. Never enter an area where the water may be in contact with electricity
- If you can’t turn off the water safely, call a plumber
- Document the damage with photos and videos
- Turn on fans and open doors and windows to help with the drying process
- If sewage is present, don’t attempt any cleaning or remain in the building. Sewage can contain airborne pathogens that can make you very sick
When you’re faced with a disaster in your Boulder, CO, home, it’s easy to get overwhelmed and upset. At this difficult time, surround yourself with professionals who know how to get the job done right the first time. While a situation like water damage is certainly unfortunate, you don’t want to have to go through the process of recovery again if the situation is not remediated properly the first time. When water damage is present there may be more pressing concerns such as dangerous mold, pathogens from sewage, and structural damage to the home.
ServiceMaster DSI provides the following disaster restoration services for Boulder, CO:
- Water damage
- Fire and smoke damage
- Debris removal
- Pack out services
- Barricade and tarping services
Contact us online, or call one of our helpful representatives at (720) 452-2842 24/7/365. Our experienced, reliable disaster restoration team is here to help you anytime of the day or night.