Water pipes and sewer pipes are found in every home in Denver, CO, but they aren’t something you give much thought to until things go wrong. If these pipes unexpectedly leak or break in your home, it can create a situation that requires professional water damage restoration services fast.
Other household items that can fail and subsequently cause water damage are any major appliances that use water. Your hot water tank, washing machine, dishwasher, and even the ice maker in your refrigerator can spring leaks. It doesn’t take a lot of water to cause damage! ServiceMaster DSI provides fast, experienced help with water damage anywhere in your home. If you have water in the basement, attic, or kitchen you need trained technicians on site fast, which is why we’re available to help 24/7/365.
How Can You Prevent Water Damage to your Home?
- If you are going on vacation for an extended period, turn off your main water supply.
- Never put in a load of laundry or run the dishwasher when you are not home. Appliances have a way of breaking when no one is home, and when that happens, the water can flow uncontained for hours before anyone realizes.
- Replace water heaters according to the manufacturer’s instructions, don’t wait and try to get more life out of them. They tend to fail with no warning!
- Make sure that downspouts are well away from the foundation of your home.
- If you have a sump pump, consider an auxiliary back up system if you lose power. Failed sump pumps are a significant cause of water damage in basements.
- Periodically check under sinks to look for telltale signs of water damage. Slow leaks can not only cause damage to the flooring; it can be a place that harbors mold growth.
No one wants to experience water damage, but fortunately, in the Denver, CO, area we can help you through. Call our water damage restoration specialists at (720) 452-2842 for assistance.