Disaster knows no season and can strike at any time. When you’re in a situation where your home or business in Centennial, CO, is threatened by a disaster, having the right help on hand is invaluable and can make the difference in how fast you can rebound and return to life as normal. ServiceMaster DSI has the experience and training necessary to help you out with the following disasters:
Water Damage: Water is a dominant force, and intrusion into your home or office can bring everything to a standstill. Immediate professional help is needed because water damage can do damage very quickly and can continue to do damage the longer it’s left unattended. Water damage can be natural such as from floods or storms, or man-made such as from a fire or burst pipes. No matter what kind of water damage you have sustained, we can help.
Fire Damage: Most people fear fire more than any other natural disaster. When you’re faced with a home or business that has been affected by fire, you’ll need help in many areas. Along with the damage caused by the flames and soot, there may be water damage from the fire-fighting efforts as well as structural damage to the building. We can remove water, clean structures, furniture, carpeting, and other damaged fabrics and items. We’ll work hard to get you back to your life and your job as fast as possible.
Mold Contamination: Many people don’t understand that mold is one of the most challenging and the most hazardous substances we remove. Inside your home or business, it can cause severe damage that can lead to chronic health issues as well as cause damage to the environment. Once the mold has started to grow, it can overtake an entire home in less than three days. We’re available 24/7/365 and will be on site quickly to begin the mold remediation process to save your health and your home.
To keep people safe, it’s critical that you seek help from a trained disaster restoration specialist when a disaster happens. Trust our ServiceMaster team to help restore your surroundings in the Centennial, CO, area when you need help. Contact us online or at (720) 452-2842.
It’s one of life’s greatest sadness’s that at some point we’ll be in a position of mourning the loss of a loved one. This grief can be exacerbated when a loved one is killed in a tragic situation such as a crime, a car accident, or suicide. In the midst of this heartbreaking event, many people are shocked that the loved ones left behind are expected to clean up the aftermath.
The severity of most trauma scenes means you shouldn’t attempt to perform the cleanup on your own. Service Master DSI in Westminster, CO specializes in trauma cleanup services so you can be spared any further grief. We’re available 24/7 and have the specialized trauma cleanup training, safety gear, local and state certifications, and compassion needed to perform the cleanup. We also work with fire and police departments as well as all major insurance companies to offer the very best trauma cleanup services available for you at this difficult time.
Suicides and Unattended Death Cleanup: Not only is it incredibly emotionally and mentally difficult to tackle the cleanup after this happens, but it may also be physically challenging. Decomposition happens very quickly, and biohazards may be present that can seriously affect your health.
Homicides and Crime Scenes: Once a crime scene has been attended to by the police, the cleanup is left to the family or closest loved ones. There’s the potential for exposure to blood-borne pathogens and infectious microorganisms. Examples of blood-borne pathogens include hepatitis B, hepatitis C, and HIV.
Car Accidents: A contaminated car is not safe to drive until it has been fully cleaned and sanitized. The presence of blood or other bodily fluids can not only be dangerous; it can be unsettling for the driver.
If you’ve suffered a loss, there are people ready and willing to assist you. Let Service Master DSI in Westminster, CO help with the trauma cleanup. Contact us 24/7/365 at (720) 452-2842, and reach out to the following organizations for more support.
Mothers Against Drunk Driving (MAAD): Assistance and support to families affected by alcohol and drunk driving.
National Center for Victims of Crime: Resources and support to victims of crime.
Carpeting is one of the costliest items you’ll put in your Lakewood, CO, home, so keeping it properly maintained is important! Well-maintained carpets look good and feel great on your bare feet. If you’re looking to get the longest possible life out of your carpeting in your home, then follow ServiceMaster DSI’s five tips to keep your carpet looking great for years:
- Shoes Off, Please. This simple tip is one that surprises people. Think of where you and your guests have walked during the day. You’ve walked on grass that has pests, animal feces, or urine; in public bathrooms; and across muddy areas that dried to your shoes. Removing shoes when you come inside keeps the outside where it should be: outside and not on your carpeting.
- Invest in a Quality Vacuum. Buy a good one that you won’t have to replace after a few years, and keep it maintained and use it often. Most manufacturers recommend vacuuming two times per week, but if you have kids or pets, then three times may be needed.
- Rearrange Your Furniture. Furniture creates traffic paths and puts dents in your carpeting from the weight. By changing things up, you can change the flow of traffic and your carpet will wear more evenly.
- Professionally Clean Carpet Annually. Like other features of your home that benefit from annual cleaning and maintenance, have your carpet cleaned by ServiceMaster DSI’s trained carpet cleaning technicians once per year to extend its life. If you have pets, smokers, or kids, twice per year is suggested.
- Don’t Let Stains Linger. When spills happen, clean them up quickly. Remember to dab, not rub at stains, and use club soda to lift the stain. Contact us if the stain is very set in and threatens to ruin the carpet.
Is your carpet in need of a professional cleaning? Trust the professionals at ServiceMaster DSI in Lakewood, CO. Contact us online or at (720) 452-2842.
When your home is struck by a disaster and you have extensive water damage, it can be frightening and overwhelming. What do you do first? While it’s tempting to want to go into the home and remove your belongings, you may cause more harm than good. First, call your insurance company. After discussing your policy, consider the following:
- Only enter the area if you know it’s safe to do so. If the electricity is still on, do not attempt anything until the breakers are shut off in the home
- Remove wet area rugs or other floor coverings that are not permanently attached to your floor. Do not attempt to remove carpeting that is stapled down
- Lift draperies that are in the water. Using rubber gloves, loop the fabric through a hanger, and hang from the drapery rod
- Move any photos or artwork that you can safely get to
- Do not move books that are on a shelf. Pack them tightly to prevent warping and wait for restoration specialists to dry them
- Open drawers and closets to allow air movement
- Wear protective masks, gloves, and footwear. Mold and bacteria growth can begin within hours of water damage
- If you see mold do not touch it or try to remove it
- Do not use a household vacuum to remove the water
- Contact ServiceMaster DSI in Aurora, CO, at (720) 452-2842 as soon as possible
We’re available to help you with water damage in your Aurora, CO, home 24/7/365. We understand that disasters come anytime of the day or night, so we’re always on call. Our trained water damage restoration technicians can be on site quickly and will communicate directly with your insurance company to begin restoring your home to its pre-loss condition.
For fast and professional water damage restoration, contact us at (720) 452-2842.