Carpeting is one of the costliest items you’ll put in your Lakewood, CO, home, so keeping it properly maintained is important! Well-maintained carpets look good and feel great on your bare feet. If you’re looking to get the longest possible life out of your carpeting in your home, then follow ServiceMaster DSI’s five tips to keep your carpet looking great for years:
- Shoes Off, Please. This simple tip is one that surprises people. Think of where you and your guests have walked during the day. You’ve walked on grass that has pests, animal feces, or urine; in public bathrooms; and across muddy areas that dried to your shoes. Removing shoes when you come inside keeps the outside where it should be: outside and not on your carpeting.
- Invest in a Quality Vacuum. Buy a good one that you won’t have to replace after a few years, and keep it maintained and use it often. Most manufacturers recommend vacuuming two times per week, but if you have kids or pets, then three times may be needed.
- Rearrange Your Furniture. Furniture creates traffic paths and puts dents in your carpeting from the weight. By changing things up, you can change the flow of traffic and your carpet will wear more evenly.
- Professionally Clean Carpet Annually. Like other features of your home that benefit from annual cleaning and maintenance, have your carpet cleaned by ServiceMaster DSI’s trained carpet cleaning technicians once per year to extend its life. If you have pets, smokers, or kids, twice per year is suggested.
- Don’t Let Stains Linger. When spills happen, clean them up quickly. Remember to dab, not rub at stains, and use club soda to lift the stain. Contact us if the stain is very set in and threatens to ruin the carpet.