ServiceMaster DSI offers trauma, biohazard, and crime scene cleanup for private homeowners, businesses, and property managers in Westminster, CO, as well as for use in commercially zoned business. A biohazard is any sort of disaster that deals with living organisms, most typically from humans. These hazards can be extremely toxic and require specialized trauma cleaning that shouldn’t be attempted by untrained individuals.
There are currently four levels of biohazards, ranked by how dangerous they are:
- Level 1: Non-infectious bacteria, viruses, and minor bacteria that can cause sicknesses such as strep throat, pinkeye, and chicken pox
- Level 2: Mild bacteria and viruses that are more difficult to contract through human interactions, such as Lyme disease, mumps, and measles
- Level 3: Potentially fatal, but thanks to the advances of modern medicine, we have vaccines to prevent. Examples include West Nile, SARS, and Polio
- Level 4: Left untreated, these are the bacteria and viruses that can cause death, such as Ebola and Marburg
Being exposed to any of these at any level can be dangerous to humans. Most often, these pathogens are transmitted by human blood, bodily fluids, and tissue. They can often be present at crime scenes or natural or man-made disasters. Some of the biohazard clean up that we offer in Westminster, CO, includes:
- Death in a home; natural cause, violent crime, or suicide
- Drug crime scenes including methamphetamine labs
- Sewage back up, spills, or main sewer pipe breaks or contamination.
Every case is different and will require a specific trauma clean up protocol to clean and make the home or business safe to inhabit. After the proper authorities are called to secure the scene, your next call should be to ServiceMaster DSI. Our trained technicians have up-to-date training on how to safely capture and remove dangerous biohazards properly and in accordance to all current state and local codes. Please contact us at (720) 452-2842 for professional trauma clean up.