When the mercury plunges and there’s moisture in the air in Denver, CO, one of two things can happen: snow or ice. With either one, the possibility for frozen or burst pipes can occur. When this happens, water damage can occur in your home before you even know it, and time is not on your side. If you have water damage in your home as a result of frozen pipes, a sewer back up, or any other natural or man-made disaster, ServiceMaster DSI can help.
Quick response time is key to minimizing water damage. The extent of the damage can reach far beyond just where the water touches, and secondary damages can occur from the mold. Even in cold conditions, mold can grow in as little as 24 hours. This is especially true of water damage from plumbing pipes and sewers, as there are already bacteria present, and some of them can be a severe danger to your health.
If you find water damage in your Denver, CO home:
- Contact us
- Shut off water immediately
- If you can enter the area safely, remove standing water with a mop
- Remove area rugs
- Lift draperies off the floor and hang them over the rod
- Move valuables to a safe location
- Open drawers, cupboards, and closets to dry
- Contact your insurance agent
What not to do until we arrive to help with water damage restoration:
- Enter a room with standing water if the electricity is still on
- Don’t move books
- Don’t lift tacked down carpeting
- Don’t turn on ceiling fixtures
- If mold is present, leave immediately
- Don’t use bleach
Let us help you restore your home from water damage much more quickly than you could do on your own. Time is of the essence! Don’t delay in calling us. No matter the time, day or night, and no matter the weather, our professional water damage technicians are available to help you with water damage in Denver, CO. Call us at (720) 452-2842.