Did you know, based on national insurance claims, that water damage is the No. 1 cause of structural damage to homes and businesses? You can trust your local ServiceMaster Professionals in Lakewood, CO, for all of your water damage restoration needs. From large-scale hurricane water damage to smaller emergencies like a gushing washing machine—all ServiceMaster professionals are trained and equipped to handle all types of water damage with efficiency and expediency.
No, we don’t get any hurricanes in Lakewood, CO, but if we did, we would be ready.
Water damage can be as powerful and noticeable as a burst water main, but it can also be as subtle and sneaky as a leaky water pipe hidden behind a wall and slowly weakening the structure and core of your home. Along with structural issues, water and moisture can create mold spores that can cause several different health issues. Unattended or unnoticed water leaks can cause problems with your electrical systems and household appliances. Water damage also creates a need for cosmetic restorations.
That pesky little water spot in the ceiling? If left unattended, that drip can become a waterfall, and you’ll be feeling like you’re in the middle of a hurricane right there in your living room! We’ve seen this type of damage happen.
Any unwanted water, whether it be a water stain on the ceiling or a small puddle in the corner of the basement, is a sign of occurring water damage and it is best to call your local water damage restoration professionals right away. Local, Lakewood, CO, ServiceMaster pros are available 24/7/365 at (720) 452-2842.
However, as your neighbors, we also want to provide you with a few simple but helpful tips to prevent any future water damage.
- Disconnect Hoses—The autumn months are when we typically prepare for winter. Sometimes it’s the most apparent preparations that we forget, like disconnecting our outdoor hoses, and turning off and insulating our outdoor water faucets. Hoses left connected and faucets left turned on can lead to frozen pipes in the winter. Burst pipe cleanup in the winter months isn’t fun for any homeowner. We can do it, but instead, we’d rather remind you now to disconnect the hoses.
- Check Your Trees and Shrubs—Roots grow deep and robust, and like the vines that decorate our garden trellises, roots can wrap tightly around underground pipes. Sewer damage cleanup is a messy affair, requiring specialized chemicals and applications. So keep an eye out for any trees and shrubs that may need removal or replacement.
- Clean the Gutters—Gutters filled with fallen leaves and dirt will begin to collect and redirect water. Cluttered gutters directly cause roof leaks, which can cause hidden structural damage. Alternatively, the unseen moisture can provide a perfect environment for mold to grow. Our Lakewood, CO, offices offer mold removal and cleanup, but clean gutters are good practice for any homeowner. Don’t forget to redirect your run-off spouts away from the foundation of your home.
- Replace Old Appliance Hoses—A cracked and leaky water hose connected to your washing machine, dishwasher, or refrigerator is the perfect way for water to seep down in between the cracks. After you’ve checked and replaced your hoses, if you suspect possible water damage, call our office at (720) 452-2842 and we’ll send a ServiceMaster professional with specialized moisture detection equipment and answer any water damage repair questions you may have. A quick side note: Check your water pressure as well; too much pressure can eventually lead to a leaky hose.
- Keep an Eye on Your Water Bill—If your monthly water bill has spiked upward without any additional water usage that you know of, you may have a water leak.
- If You See a Water Stain—Call for professional help.
If you have experienced or suspect potential water damage in Lakewood, CO, call our offices today at (720) 452-2842. Our professionals are trained and equipped to provide water damage restoration from the smallest of drips to bathroom waterfalls and to even the occasional personal home-made hurricane.